When you want to install a projection window, you will need to know a few things that will help you get this done properly. That is the reason why you have to make sure that when you have bought it, you follow all the instructions that you have.
This is the best way to get it all done but here is a small guideline that will take you through the same process so that you have an idea of what happens. Once you are done with these, you will know what to start with and following the installation instructions for the projection window will be easy.
What You Will Need
- Tape: This is the American fix-everything go-to material and here it works just as well. You will need it a lot when you fix in the sealing and make sure that everything you have is in perfect working order.
- Level: This will help you have a window that is well aligned and not lopsided. That is the best way to make sure that you have gotten everything right. When the window is not well aligned, you won’t like having it that way forever.
- Caulking: You will need to make sure that the windows are watertight and that they will remain waterproof when you need them to and they will remain that way. You will need plenty of it.
- Drill: There are holes that you will need to make on the wall and on the levels that you a installing this one and for that to be accurate, you will need to have this drill. It will give you accurate and also very precise holes.
- Utility knife: A utility knife works well when you need to cut something at a precise place without making any undue damage that will just ruin the whole thing. It will also make the whole thing easier and there is more you can do than just cut with it.
- J roller: This will help with the adhesive that you will need at some point in the process.
- Hammer: There will be some nailing that you will need to do that will require you to have a hammer.
- Stapler: A lot of the things that you have here will need to be stapled.
The Whole Process in a Summary
- Unpack the projection window to make and while you are doing this, you will need to make sure that you have done so carefully so that you do not ruin anything. You don’t want to need to hire a Calgary window repair company before you’ve even installed the window
- Look for damage before you start the whole process. This will make sure that you will not have a defective window when you are done.
- Check the size to make sure that everything that you have is working in perfect order. This will enable you to have an easy installation.
- Measure the place you want to mount it. This will enable you to have an easy time when you are putting the whole thing up because that way you will be able to get it right.
- Support the window when you are installing it so that you do not drop it. That will also make it easier for you to get it right without having to struggle too much.
- Mark the holes that you will be making to be sure that they are aligned well. At this point, you should have that manual book out that shows you the details on the finer points that you have to concentrate on.
- Make holes in the sill when you are done with marking them. They will have specific instructions that you are supposed to follow to make sure that they are not out of line. This will help you with the whole process.
- Mount the window in the holes and make sure that you have fastened it properly. This will have to be done carefully and without skipping any of the instructions that you will be given in the manual that you will have to follow to make sure that you have gotten everything that is here right.
- The sealant is what goes in next when you have mounted the thing. This will be in various forms including the airtight Styrofoam that will make sure nothing ruins the window and the way that it is supposed to look.
- Install Cables: When you have finished with the whole mounting process, you will move on to the installation of the projection cables and the way that they are supposed to be fitted. This is the last process before you seal everything off.
What You Need to Remember
When you have finished the process, you will need to make sure that you do seal everything to be airtight so that when you are projecting, you will not have any problems that are brought by air leakage.